Bring your teaching to life!
With our collection of over forty different species of native wild animals and our team of knowledgeable keepers, the British Wildlife Centre offers the ideal venue to learn about Britain's own wonderful wildlife.
The Centre will be closed to the public during your visit, though depending on your group size other pre-booked schools may be visiting.
School Visits: Reception to Year 7 - 'Animal Encounters'
Our 'Animal Encounters' schools programmes are designed to complement a variety of national curriculum skills and topics in science, history and geography for pupils at Key Stages 1, 2 & 3. These visits are based at the Centre with its collection of over forty different British wild animals and birds. This is a unique opportunity for children to learn about Britain's wildlife - a real life natural history lesson!
Our minimum school group size is 20 children, our maximum is 90. Dates in the summer term get booked up well in advance, so the earlier you can book, the better your chances of booking on your chosen date.
- Just call or email us to check availability of dates
- Easy to complete online booking confirmation form
- Free recce visit for teachers in advance (by arrangement)
- School visit risk assessment document available
On the Day
- The Centre will be closed to the public during your visit, ensuring a safe, inspiring and focused trip
- Each group has a dedicated keeper to escort them throughout the
tour and provide age-appropriate animal talks
- One teacher free for every 8 children
- All breaks are taken in our shaded picnic area (if the weather is unsuitable we can accommodate your group in the Visitor Centre)
- Complementary tea/coffee for teachers at the mid morning break
- Free coach parking
How to book
Before completing a school visit booking form please contact us first to check availability and to make a provisional booking:
By Phone 01342 834658 (during office hours)
By Email email@example.com
Information to download:
Our Animal Encounters school visits are suitable for Reception classes up to Year 7. Please note we do not take bookings for groups of younger children during school term time.
We also cater for Secondary Schools. Please contact us for details on cost and availability and to discuss your requirements.