Photography Days are held when we are closed to the public. The combination of natural settings, a peaceful environment and small group sizes give you an unrivalled day of wildlife photography. Our Photography Days offer the amateur photographer special access to our mammals and owls. They are led by a member of our experienced keeper team who will present you with some of the very best British wildlife photo opportunities available.
We offer two types of photography day:
BWC Mammal Photography Days: These include a wide variety of mammals; badgers, harvest mice, hedgehogs, polecats and more. The day features special access inside the fox, otter and Scottish wildcat enclosures. Places are limited to 12.
BWC Owl Photography Days: These feature six British owl species for you to photograph against the beautiful backdrop of our 16-acre nature reserve. You’ll have the opportunity to photograph owls on natural perches and some species in full flight (subject to weather conditions), in open fields and in woodland settings. Places are limited to 10.
Photography Days - essential information:
- Photography Days are for amateurs only and take place on specific
weekdays outside normal opening times.
- The minimum age for these days is 15.
- Day sessions run from 9.30am – 4.30pm.
- Afternoon / Evening sessions run from 2.15pm – 8pm.
- March – October 2020: £120 per person, £108 for Members.
view Membership Information
- Payment is made in full at the time of booking and is non-refundable. (Should you be unable to attend we may be able to transfer your booking to an alternative Photography Day date.)
- Tea/coffee & biscuits included, but please bring a packed lunch.
- Weather: Photography Days take place in most weather conditions. Our animals are hardy British species and will almost always be out for you photograph (though nothing can be guaranteed with animals!). Should the Centre consider conditions to be unsuitable or unsafe you will be re-booked on another full day of photography.
How to book:
Advance booking is essential, please check dates with us first.
To check availability and book please phone us during office hours on: 01342 834658
or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning an overnight stay?
Photography Day Gift Vouchers - the ideal gift for keen photographers
You can purchase a Photography Day gift voucher for a friend or family member. Vouchers cost £110 and are redeemable on either BWC Mammal or Owl Photography Days. Just call us and we willll despatch the voucher to you or the gift recipient. Photo vouchers can also be purchased from the BWC online shop
The lucky recipient receives details, an itinerary and a list of forthcoming dates, then they just book a date with us and present their voucher on the day. Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue.