Photography Days are held when we are closed to the public and are ideal for the amateur photographer. The combination of natural settings, a peaceful environment and small group sizes give you an unrivalled day of wildlife photography. Our Photography Days offer special access to our mammals and owls. They are led by a member of our experienced keeper team who will present you with some of the very best British wildlife photo opportunities available.
Feedback from Photography Day customers
High Season Photography Days - March to October
BWC Photography Days These include a wide variety of mammals; badgers, harvest mice, hedgehogs, polecats and more, inlcludng perched owls. The day typically features special access inside the fox, otter and Scottish wildcat enclosures. Places are limited to 12.
BWC Owl Photography Events We have no owl photography events currently scheduled, but plan to offer dates in late spring /early summer, subject to availability and weather. These will feature perched British owl species for you to photograph against the backdrop of our nature reserve and bluebell wood. If you would like to be notified about dates, please email us at: email@example.com
Photography Days: 9.30am – 4.30pm.
Photography Afternoon & Evenings take place in high summer from 2.15pm – 8pm, and have the advantage of the softer, more golden light as the sun moves lower in the sky.
A sample format for Photography Days is detailed on our Photography Day Itinerary.
Note: This itinerary is subject to change considering on the welfare and availability of our animals.
Price: £130 per person. £117 for Members. view Membership Information
Winter Photography Days - November to February
Winter Photography Days offer excellent value for money with a slightly shorter itinerary to suit daylight hours. The day is packed with many of the wonderful photo opportunities offered on our high season dates. Photo sessions typically include: animals of the Copse (could include red squirrels and muntjac deer), foxes, Scottish wildcats, otters, harvest mice, stoats, weasels, and polecats. Places are limited to 10.
These dates offer the advantages of diffused winter light, toning down deep shadows and harsh highlights, as well as the prospect of foxes and wildcats in their lush winter coats, and red squirrels with extravagant ear tufts. And, there’s always the chance of frost and snow!
Timings: Winter Photography Days run from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Price: £90 per person (£81 for Members) view Membership Information
Photography Days - essential information:
- Photography Days are for amateurs only and take place on specific weekdays outside our normal opening times. view professional photography & filming details
- Minimum age: 15 years old.
- Payment is made in full at the time of booking and is non-refundable. (Should you be unable to attend we may be able to transfer your booking to an alternative date.)
- Refreshments: Tea/coffee & biscuits are included, but you are advised to bring a packed lunch.
- Equipment: Sophisticated cameras and long lenses are not essential as you are usually very close to the animals. You will find a 70-200mm lens is appropriate for most sessions. A wide angle lens for animals that get very close and a macro lens for the harvest mice could also be useful. Tripods and flash photography are not permitted. Do bring plenty of camera memory and battery power – you’ll need it!
- Itinerary: The published itinerary is a guideline only. We cannot guarantee that all species listed will be featured. Some animals may be unavailable, for instance if they are nursing young or essential work is required to an enclosure. Our animals’ welfare is always our top priority.
- Weather: Photography Days take place in most weather conditions. Our animals are hardy British species and will almost always be out for you photograph (though nothing can be guaranteed with animals!). Should the Centre consider conditions to be unsuitable or unsafe you will be re-booked on another full day of photography.
Advance online booking is essential: view Photography Day dates & book
Should you have any queries, please phone us during office hours on: 01342 834658
or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning an overnight stay?
Photography Day Gift Vouchers
The ideal gift for wildlife fans and photography enthusiasts. High Season Photography Day Vouchers cost £130 and are redeemable on Photography Days taking place from March – October. Winter Photography Day Vouchers cost £90 and are redeemable from November to February. Photography Day Vouchers can be purchased from the BWC online shop. Alternatively, call us during office hours and we will despatch the voucher to you or direct to the gift recipient.
The voucher is sent out by post along with details and a sample itinerary. The lucky recipient then just books a date online, using the voucher option, and presents their voucher on the day. Vouchers are valid for two years from the date of issue.