Photography Days are held when we are closed to the public. The combination of natural settings, a peaceful environment and small group sizes give you an unrivalled day of wildlife photography. Our Photography Days offer the amateur photographer special access to our mammals and owls. They are led by a member of our experienced keeper team who will present you with some of the very best British wildlife photo opportunities available. Feedback from Photography Day customers
BWC Mammal Photography Days: These include a wide variety of mammals; badgers, harvest mice, hedgehogs, polecats and more. The day features special access inside the fox, otter and Scottish wildcat enclosures. Places are limited to 12.
BWC Owl Photography Days: These feature six British owl species for you to photograph against the beautiful backdrop of our 16-acre nature reserve. You’ll have the opportunity to photograph owls on natural perches in open fields and in woodland settings. Places are limited to 10. The format for both days is detailed on the Photography Day Itinerary (subject to change).
AUTUMN 2021 Our summer Photography Day dates have now sold out. view Autumn 2021 dates
WINTER PHOTOGRAPHY DAYS These run from December to February. A slightly shorter day, these dates are packed with many of the wonderful photo opportunities offered on our high season dates. At £85 they offer excellent value for money. Dates and more details will published in August.
Photography Days - essential information:
- Photography Days are for amateurs only and take place on specific weekdays outside normal opening times.
- Minimum age: 15 years old.
- Payment is made in full at the time of booking and is non-refundable. (Should you be unable to attend we may be able to transfer your booking to an alternative date.)
- Refreshments: Tea/coffee & biscuits are included, but you are advised to bring a packed lunch.
- Equipment: Sophisticated cameras and long lenses are not essential as you are usually very close to the animals. You will find a 70-200mm lens is appropriate for most sessions. A wide angle lens for animals that get very close and a macro lens for the harvest mice could also be useful. Tripods and flash photography are not permitted. Do bring plenty of camera memory and battery power – you’ll need it!
- Weather: Photography Days take place in most weather conditions. Our animals are hardy British species and will almost always be out for you photograph (though nothing can be guaranteed with animals!). Should the Centre consider conditions to be unsuitable or unsafe you will be re-booked on another full day of photography.
- High Season Photography Days: March – October 2021
How to book:
Advance booking is essential, please check dates with us first.
To check availability and book please phone us during office hours on: 01342 834658
or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning an overnight stay?
Photography Day Gift Vouchers - the ideal gift
You can purchase a Photography Day gift voucher for a friend or family member. Vouchers cost £120 and are redeemable on either our Mammal or Owl Photography Days. Just call us and we will despatch the voucher to you or direct to the gift recipient. Photography Day Vouchers can also be purchased from the BWC online shop
The lucky recipient receives details, a sample itinerary and a list of forthcoming dates, then they just book a date with us and present their voucher on the day. Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue.